What will I learn in this course?
In this course you will learn how to use the Linux Terminal and SSH for more than plain terminal access. SSH is the secure equivalent to telnet for remote terminal access over tcp/ip and even if you have probably used SSH before to connect to a remote host over TCP/IP there is so much more that can be done with SSH.
What will I be able to do after this course?
- Theory about keys and the SSH authentication process.
- how-to for password-less login
- Explanation of file transfer protocols such as scp and sftp.
- Learn how to tunnel TCP traffic thru ssh with local port forwarding as well as dynamic port forwarding (SOCK4 proxy)
- Use jump-hosts to ssh in multiple steps.
- And much more!
Do I need any previous knowledge in order to take this course?
No. You don’t need any previous knowldege of any programming language or even programming. You just need a computer with Windows, Mac or Linux and an Internet connection.